There are tons of materials to choose from when deciding on a new roof, and with decisions you always have to make sure to weigh your options: Is it too heavy, or is this material too light? How long will this material last, etc. So here’s a quick breakdown of the pros and cons of some of the top roofing materials.
- Pro: This material has a large color palate to choose from, is widely available, and is considered one of the most economical of the products.
- Con: The lifespan is shorter than other roofing materials, not as much insulation is provided, and the quality of asphalt can vary.
Clay and Concrete Tiles
- Pro: These materials have a long lifespan, are non-flammable, and concrete tiles are energy efficient.
- Con: These products can be very expensive, and because they are heavier, special framing is normally necessary.
- Pro: This roofing is durable and longer lasting than asphalt.
- Con: Metal roofing can be a bit pricey.
- Pro: Slate has a lot of durability, is fire resistant, and can be recycled.
- Con: This material is heavy, requiring additional framing. It is expensive, and can vary in quality if it is imported.
There are so many things to consider when deciding which roof material will be the best fit for you and your home. But you don’t have to go at it alone. At the Top Restoration, LLC is here to answer any questions and provide you with any services when it comes to your roofing needs. Give us a call today at 615-824-1500.