Your roof has a lot more to do with the protection of your home than you may assume. Typically, the roof is out of sight and out mind, that’s until something actually goes wrong with it. Regular maintenance is vital to the health and safety of you and your family. Along with the well being of your family, the maintenance of your roof is the most critical because it is the most expensive part of the house to replace. Without maintenance, your roof can wear out 30% faster than its actual lifespan and forcing it to have to be replaced years before it should. Without the proper inspection maintenance, smaller problems can become a snowball effect and end up costing a fortune.
Here are some of the most common issues that happen with roofs:
- Cracked, eroded, or missing sealant surrounding roof penetrations:
- Cracked glass or faulty skylight installation
- Damage by a third party
- Damaged ridge caps
- Damaged roofing material
- Debris blocking water flow
- Exposed or misplaced nails
- Flashings that have deteriorated
- Improper caps on vents
- Overexposed roofing materials
- Prior repairs done incorrectly
So regular maintenance is something that we highly recommend. Have on of our professionals some inspect your roof today. Call At the Top Restoration at (615) 239-5812.